It has always been the endeavour of the Company to give back to society in which it operates. With this end in view, the Company set up a Corporate Social Responsibility Cell which is mandated to spend 2% of the average net profits on CSR activities. Indeed, this was implemented before such spending was mandated under the law. This amount is routed through reputed institutions who execute the philanthropic projects in the areas of:
- Promotion of education of children
- Eradication of hunger and poverty amongst the lesser fortunate sections of society
- Enhancing vocational skills and improving employment opportunities for those in need
- Socio-economic development and relief /aid to the welfare of scheduled castes and Tribes, other backward classes, handicapped and disabled persons, minorities and women.
- Promoting sports and other physical activities for children to encourage them to gain a competitive spirit and be physically fit and healthy.
- Promotion of medical facilities, like eye-camps/eye-hospitals/ hospitalization insurance policies (e.g. Mediclaim) etc. to those who cannot afford to pay for expensive medicines and hospitalization expenses.
- Any other just cause for the welfare of the poor and needy being carried out by reputed NGO’s in any place in India
The Company strictly monitors the projects to which it contributes to ensure that the funds are put to the use for the purpose for which it was intended.
Some of the projects under taking by the company over the years include:
- Rajni Nijhawan Charitable Trust
- Vaani – Deaf Children’s Foundation
- Atmashakti Trust
- Indian Institute of Cerebral Palsy
- North Bengal Council for the Disabled
- Jorhat Lions Eye Hospital
- Matri-Chhaya Sewa Sangsthan